Directors, Managers, Supervisors of Purchasing, Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain and other persons who have a vested interest in contract administration, compliance and enforcement.
This training is to familiarize or broaden participants with the key basics of contract management enhancing participative skills that ensures compliance to company policies and legal requirements. As a result, sourcing, purchasing, procurement and supply chain professionals attendees will expand their scope of contract knowledge and sensitivity. Real case studies will be used to reinforce the learning experience.
1. Contract Definition Spirit of Agreement
2. Contract Management Authoring and Negotiation Document Management Baseline Management Commitment Management Contract Visibility and Awareness Issue and Change Management Transaction Compliance Service Level Agreement Compliance 1030 Break
3. Basic Contract Elements Identify the parties Describe the subject matter State the material terms Include a signature Integration or Merger Clause Choice of law Arbitration clause Escape clause
9. Contract Administration Compliance/Legal Monitoring/Tracking/Reporting Data Management Cycle Times Policy Process Efficiency Documentation
10. Purchase Orders Contracts Terms & Conditions
11. Statement of Work Purpose Writer
12. Law of Agency Definition Authority limits
1200 - 1300 Lunch
13. Duties of an Agent Loyalty Obedience to the instructions of the employer Perform with reasonable care Provide accounting to the employer Inform the employer Confidentiality Bring necessary skills to the job
14. Issues after the Award How To Deal With Contract Changes Types Of Contract Termination Breach of Contract Contract Clauses For Disputes
15. Contract Terms Hand out
16. Sarbanes Oxley
17. Contract Law of the PRC Revised 1999 23 Chapters 427 Articles
Mr. Kelley has over 30 years of key leadership roles with multi-national companies. His responsibilities covered Sourcing, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Operations, Materials, Finance, Customer Service, Strategic Planning, Logistics, Quality Assurance and Information Systems. International business experience spans nine countries in the Far East, five countries in Europe, as well as Mexico and Canada