Test Your Knowledge
Performance Management - Strategy, Design and Implementation (GRP 5)
Instructions: Choose an answer for each question.
1. Which of the following best describes performance management?
A. A process focused primarily on the annual performance review
B. A strategy that assures organizational success by reinforcing organizational expectations with individuals through variations in pay delivery
C. A managerial process that consists of planning, managing, improving, appraising and rewarding performance
2. To determine what the organization want to be, which of the following should be examined?
3. Managers and/or supervisors should provide continuous performance feedback during which step in the performance management process?
4. Performance reviews should generally be based on which of the following?
A. Manager opinions
B. Employee self appraisal
C. Perceptions of other employees
D. Actual events and observations
5. What are the three purposes of measurement?
A. Alignment, adaptation and achievement
B. Attainment, analysis and accomplishment
C. Assistance, applicability and appropriation
6. Improve return on investment is an example of what type of performance objective?
7. Why would an organization use a rating scale with an even number of levels?
A. It increases reliability.
B. It increases validity.
C. It addresses central tendency.
D. It ensures impartial ratings.
8. Which of the following is most commonly found at the top of the list of factors that motivate employee performance?
C. Work environment
D. Clear objectives
9. A performance management system has a consequence focus if it is used for which of the following?
A. Pay increases
B. Performance improvement
C. Skills training
10. According to the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures, selection procedures must be tested for which of the following?