Contracting and Negotiation
• Prepare solicitation for competitive birds, quotations and proposals with specs, terms and conditions.
• Develop strategies and tactics for negotiations, including definition of roles and responsibilities.
• Lead / conduct / support negotiations with suppliers to obtain desired results.
• Manage the preparation and / or issuance of contracts / purchase orders / agreements.
• Administer contracts / purchase orders from award to completion or termination
• Prepare and / or administer a supply management department budget.
• Develop a cost management program strategies for purchases.
• Identify savings potential and opportunities and strategies for specific categories through analysis.
• Perform cost / benefit analyses on acquisitions.
• Factors in a lease / buy decision
• Legal / accounting considerations
• Develop financing and leveraging strategies for purchases
• Identify and assess international markets to source goods and services.
• Develop international sources of materials and service
• Develop and maintain documentation regarding cross-border transactions
• Develop and act upon a code of business conduct for the supply management function and suppliers.
• Establish and monitor environmentally responsible and compliant programs life-throughout
• Implement, monitor and promote organizational and supply chain safety policies and procedures.
• Analyze potential sources of goods or services.
• Evaluate competitive offerings to determine overall best offer for a product / service.
• Plan and communicate sourcing and supply strategies based on forecasted data.
This CPSM course focuses on leadership in supply management world class best practices and includes a comprehensive body of knowledge in Effective Supply Management Performance in Supply Chain Management.
• Layout facilities
• Traffic/Distribution policies
• International transportation and hazardous materials
• Management of receiving and delivery to include damage claims
Materials & Inventory Management
• Standardization Program
• Warehouse & Inventory Management system
• The movement of equipment and assets within the organization
• Oversee multi-channel plans for excess inventory and finished goods
• Business Planning and plan monitoring
• Performance Criteria
• Tools to measure, report and improve compliance with supply management practices
• Analyze supply management audit reports
Product and Service Development
• Participate in product/service development that support marketing
• Manage ramp-up strategy to full scale production
• Perform project management activities representing supply management
• Implement a continuous improvement process
Leadership in Supply Management Course Outline CPSM 3 (3days)
This CPSM course focuses on leadership in supply management world class best practices and includes a comprehensive body of knowledge in the Leadership of Supply Chain Management.
Who should attend:
Professional practioners at all levels who aspire to broaden and raise the level of their Supply Chain skill sets in the topics listed below.
• Represent the supply management in organization decisions
• Develop and implement business plans
• Develop, implement and monitor a strategic supply management plan
• Plan, develop and provide operating policies guidelines and procedures
• Develop and implement changes to organizations supply management policies
• Participate in company acquisitions/mergers/divestitures
• Represent the supply organization in meetings with corporations and government
• Lead or participate in cross-functional and/or multifunctional teams
• Disseminate information and promote training
• Market the value of strategic sourcing
• Evaluate the supply management organizational structure
• Hire, develop, retain, promote supply management personnel
• Supervise and lead human resources to achieve initiatives
• Conduct and authorize job training
• Develop evaluate relationships with internal departments
• Develop criteria for evaluating supply management departments
• Conduct role design evaluation and potential job redesign requirements.
• Create and manage a succession plan
Risk and Compliance
• Develop a risk profile
• Implement risk management
• Implement processes in consideration of legal issues
• Develop maintain a database and physical filing system
• Verify relevant financial transactions to third parties
• Assess risk from end of life cycle
• Manage and control storage/disposal of hazardous materials
• Establish and execute strategic sourcing plans
• Establish and standardize strategic sourcing procedures
• Identify, evaluate, select and implement technologies
• Leverage spend through identification, prioritization and execution
• Conduct analysis for in sourcing or outsourcing strategy
• Create new systems and process improvement to help sales goals